What would any Sonic convention be without a chance to meet the people who have helped shape the universe we know and love? I dread to think! Never fear however, for at this yearâ€™s Summer of Sonic the signing desk will once again be open to give you a chance to meet your idols.
Throughout the day there will be several sessions in which you will have the opportunity to meet the likes of Takashi Iizuka, Steve Lycett, Johnny Gioeli and Jun Senoue, for a quick chat and to get their autograph as a memento of the event.
In previous years weâ€™ve been very relaxed when it has come to the signing tables; many of you will remember queues snaking around the hall clogging up other areas, or frustration at being turned away after waiting for hours. This time around weâ€™ve decided to lay down a few ground rules that should allow more of you a chance to meet the stars, as well as to help you make the most of the day.
SIGNING DESK RULES:
1. There will be a strict one autograph rule in place each session so that as many people have an opportunity to get a signature – we know some of you would love your entire Sonic game collection signed by Iizuka-san, but this would not be fair on other attendees hoping for signatures.
2. As the signing sessions are likely to be
extremely popular, there will be no opportunity to go behind the
desk for photos with the guests at this session.
3. Queuing will only be allowed within the designated queuing area. This will be clearly marked with a member of staff on hand to help. If you are queuing outside of this area, you will be asked to move away by staff.
4. Queue jumping will not be tolerated, at all, as will the holding of spaces for friends.
5. The signing desk queue will be opened 10 minutes before the start of a signing session, so that we can start the sessions as soon as the guests are available.
6. Once the queuing area reaches capacity the gates will be closed, but will be re-opened at regular intervals up until around 20 minutes before the end of each signing session. The staff will advise you on when to return in order to join the queue.
7. Please respect the staff manning the signing desks, and follow their instructions.
Please bear in mind that these signing sessions are likely to be a popular event during the day; these rules have been designed to give as many of you as possible a chance to meet the guests. Other opportunities for photos with our guests will be available during the day.
Most of all, have fun, and enjoy meeting the stars!